Do you wish to head up a scouting team and build the backbone of Europe’s leading deep tech startup community? Futurebox is seeking a senior scout to establish and lead our scouting function – We are working closely together in an intensive and fun environment that will provide you with in-depth knowledge of the global startup environment.
You are passionate about startups, motivated to learn new things by working hard, and you’re not afraid to fill in the gaps in our dedicated team. We promise, we will do our best to make your position valuable!
Your tasks will primarily be to:
- Establish and run a very effective scouting system based on best practices and your experience.
- Participate in the outreach process on Social Media and other channels with our advanced outreach tools.
- Search and analyze startups globally.
- Engage with the best startups through our incubator, accelerator programs, databases etc.
- Participate in evaluation of startup applications.
- Prepare presentations for our corporate partners.
- Participate in team meetings, sharing best practices in the team.
The right candidate:
You have excellent communication skills – also in Danish, and you are motivated by knowing how to spot, attract and motivate the right startups through targeted marketing and communication in coordination with our communication department. You have business acumen and enjoy analyzing and screening markets in order to provide data to make evidence-based decisions in spotting the most promising start ups. You are analytical with a structured mind and you have commercial understanding. You take responsibility and engage actively in your tasks with the ambition to deliver above the expectations, always adhering to deadlines and understanding commercial aspects.
What we offer:
- Freedom to build an extremely effective scouting function.
- Engaging with the world’s top deep tech and hardware startups.
- Experience on how a top tier accelerator and incubator work.
- Knowledge about how to evaluate startups and how to spot the promising ones from the wannabees.
- The most committed and knowledgeable colleagues when it comes to entrepreneurship, incubation and deep tech science.
- Working in a thriving team where we continuously strive to learn and improve in all aspects of what we do.
- High level of responsibility and a fast learning curve.
The position of Lead Scout
The position is located in Futurebox with a total of 11 employees and you will refer to our Head of Incubation, Peter Jespersen. Your primary workplace will be in Futurebox in Lyngby, but there will also be meeting activity at DTU Science Park’s other locations.
How do you apply?
Are you interested in the job and does your profile match the requirements? Applications are received via Elvium, so please CLICK HERE and upload your application and your resume today. We hold interviews on an ongoing basis and look forward to hearing from you. Accession as soon as possible.
Futurebox is the place where Denmark’s sharpest deep tech startups are matched with established companies, investors and experts. An incubator and accelerator that does not compromise when it comes to the quality of the companies that innovate, create new products and develop in-house. Futurebox is the only innovation house in Denmark dedicated to deep tech startups – built of containers and with an address on the DTU campus. Here startups can develop their technologies, get help with product and business development, and get to market quickly with their industry solutions. Futurebox also houses the Danish Tech Challenge, which is Denmark’s most intense and ambitious accelerator program for hardware startups. Each year, Danish Tech Challenge selects 20 companies, which compete for the Industry Foundation’s Entrepreneur Award of DKK 500,000.
About DTU Science Park
We create the space where deep tech ideas are developed and shaped to become reality and business faster. And it commits. Therefore, it is us who take the responsibility and leadership to strengthen the connections between the companies that choose to become part of DTU Science Park. Whether the companies need an acceleration program in Futurebox, office premises in the science park, laboratories, a domicile or prototype workshop, we have what it takes to create the optimal space for companies to develop and fulfill their ambitions. We support both the optimal community and the physical environment for deep tech companies at all levels.