Read about how DTU Science Park a/s handles personal data here.
How DTU Science Park processes your data
As a data controller, DTU Science Park processes data about students, staff, visiting researchers, business partners, applicants, alumni, participants in research projects and conferences and people who subscribe to DTU Science Park’s newsletters and web services, among others.
The legal entity responsible for processing your personal data is:
DTU Science Park a/s
Phone no.: 45 86 41 00
Types of data
The data about you which DTU Science Park processes will depend on your connection with DTU Science Park but it is typically your name, address, telephone number, occupation, company name (one-man businesses), account and payment information.
For applicants and employees, DTU Science Park will typically also process data about qualifications and personal competences, diplomas or other information about academic degrees, previous employment, photos, date of birth, your next of kin, civil registration number, salary, absence and health information.
The vast majority of data we receive directly from you, but the data may also come from publicly available sources, your previous employers or partners and public authorities.
We process data about you for a variety of purposes, depending on your connection with DTU Science Park.
If you are a tenant, we will process data about you and your company in order to
fulfill out contractual obligations and deliver the services that we promised.
If you are an employee, we will process data about you in order to manage your employment at DTU Science Park, and we will pass on data to SKAT.
Among others, we use the personal data to communicate with you, whether you are one of
DTU Science Park’s partners or attending a conference or event. In a number of cases, DTU Science Park’s processing of personal data will take place as a result of compliance with legal obligations.
Storage and disclosure
We store your data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which the data are processed. When it is no longer relevant to store your data in order to fulfil its purpose, the data will be deleted.
In some cases, we pass on your data to partners such as suppliers and vendors, grant givers, other public authorities, other research institutions and in connection with the use of external data processors. DTU Science Park will not disclose data to others, unless DTU Science Park is obliged to provide the data as a result of a legal obligation or in order to perform a task in the public interest.
If DTU Science Park processes data about you, as the data subject, have a number of rights:
- You have the right to request access, rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data and, in some cases, to have the processing of your personal data limited.
- Particularly, you have an unconditional right to oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing.
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not have any impact on the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to your withdrawal of your consent.
- You are entitled to receive the personal data which you have submitted in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- You can always file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, for example The Danish Data Protection Agency.